Chapel-over-the-Well

Chapel-over-the-Well
In 2012, the chapel-over-the-well was built at Cathedral Square to give pilgrims a place to obtain spring water and satisfy their thirst. On July 21, 2012, the chapel was consecrated in honor of the Venerable Seraphim of Sarov. A water well inside the Kanavka feeds into the chapel's reservoir. The chapel's dome cap blends harmoniously with the Kazan cathedral's domes.
In 2012, the chapel-over-the-well was built at Cathedral Square to give pilgrims a place to obtain spring water and satisfy their thirst. On July 21, 2012, the chapel was consecrated in honor of the Venerable Seraphim of Sarov. A water well inside the Kanavka feeds into the chapel's reservoir. The chapel's dome cap blends harmoniously with the Kazan cathedral's domes.










Chapel of Venerable Seraphim of Sarov

Chapel of Venerable Seraphim of Sarov
A wooden chapel stands adjacent to the Annunciation Cathedral. The very same chapel was erected at this location in 1895.
A wooden chapel stands adjacent to the Annunciation Cathedral. The very same chapel was erected at this location in 1895.
It marked the exact location of the mill-the-provider that was built in 1827 by the command of Venerable Seraphim for the community of maidens. Mill's foundation has been preserved to this day.
It marked the exact location of the mill-the-provider that was built in 1827 by the command of Venerable Seraphim for the community of maidens. Mill's foundation has been preserved to this day.
Left
Right
On July 30, 2004, during the celebrations of the 250th anniversary of Venerable Seraphim of Sarov's birthday, the chapel was reconstructed and consecrated. In olden times, father Seraphim's dried bread was distributed at the chapel. This tradition continues till today.
On July 30, 2004, during the celebrations of the 250th anniversary of Venerable Seraphim of Sarov's birthday, the chapel was reconstructed and consecrated. In olden times, father Seraphim's dried bread was distributed at the chapel. This tradition continues till today.









Chapels at the Campsite for Pilgrims

Chapels at the Campsite for Pilgrims
Since 2010, a camp for pilgrims has been set up each year in the River Vichkinza valley near the Iveron spring. The pilgrims arrive to celebrate the feast of Venerable Seraphim of Sarov. The camp opens its doors during the last days of July and operates till the end of the festivities in Diveyevo on August 2.

The chapel of the Holy Righteous Prince Vladimir was erected on the hilly bank above the camp within a day by the members of the Sarov's youth camp "Expedition: "Russian Civilization." On July 21, 2010, the chapel was consecrated.
Since 2010, a camp for pilgrims has been set up each year in the River Vichkinza valley near the Iveron spring. The pilgrims arrive to celebrate the feast of Venerable Seraphim of Sarov. The camp opens its doors during the last days of July and operates till the end of the festivities in Diveyevo on August 2.

The chapel of the Holy Righteous Prince Vladimir was erected on the hilly bank above the camp within a day by the members of the Sarov's youth camp "Expedition: "Russian Civilization." On July 21, 2010, the chapel was consecrated.
Simultaneously, a chapel of Venerable Seraphim of Sarov was erected in the middle of the pilgrim camp. Its architecture resembles the chapels built in the Sarov forest back in 1903.
Simultaneously, a chapel of Venerable Seraphim of Sarov was erected in the middle of the pilgrim camp. Its architecture resembles the chapels built in the Sarov forest back in 1903.
Made on
Tilda